Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hmmm...that was weird

Georgia had a mild reaction to something tonight. We're pretty sure it was from Joe kissing her (a lot) when he got home from work. This is not the first time that she's had problems from kisses. She did not seem at all phased (or even notice that she was having a reaction), but we gradually noticed the appearance of red blotches and tiny hives on her face knee caps.

Isn't that crazy? Someone eats something -- hours earlier -- then kisses her face, and she ends up with hives on her knee caps of all places.

So the great mystery is what food it was. Joe didn't think he had eaten any allergens, but he did have a pizza for lunch that included pine nuts. I'm off to google whether pine nuts are a tree nut. I thought they were considered a seed and are okay for Georgia to eat?

If anyone is reading this and knows the answer, please leave a comment or email me. Gracias.

UPDATE: Okay, I'm feeling like a lousy allergy mom, because apparently pine nuts are a tree nut, so I should have known that. I definitely would have looked into that before feeding her anything with pine nuts (like pesto), but I did not think that Joe eating a pizza 5 hours before kissing his daughter would cause any problems. Ugh.

No comments: