Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Momversation



I usually love the website Momversation.com. It's a fun break in my day to see what their panelists are discussing.

Today they tackled food allergies. I was nervous as I hit play. Would this be just another uninformed bash of kids with food allergies and their cuh-razy parents?

All in all, it wasn't bad, but I really wish they would've included a panelist or guest panelist that is the parent of an allergic child.

I think that some of the panelists came off looking a little glib, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that that might just be the result of the way these little clips are edited.

At least this episode wasn't filled with the hateful, misguided opinions on food allergies and nut bans that I've seen in so many articles, though, which is why I've gone ahead and linked to the video here. It will be interesting to see what the Momversation viewership has to say in the comments section, though. Fingers crossed that the meanies keep their thoughts to themselves.

No comments: