Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I just visited Kourtney Kardashian's blog. Really???

I'm not a follower of the Kardashians or their reality TV show, but I heard via FAAN's Facebook feed that Kourtney Kardashian recently had to rush her 11 month old son to the hospital after he had an allergic reaction (vomiting and hives) to eating his first taste of peanut butter.

Here's a link to the People.com blurb about it:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20444171,00.html

Oh! I feel for her! I have never had to rush Georgia to the hospital and can only imagine how scary this must have been.

The reason I was compelled to visit her blog and comment was to leave an encouraging word. Apparently a lot of people have been criticizing Kourtney and calling her a bad mom for giving her son peanut butter in the first place, and then also for taking him to the hospital, saying things like, "I can't believe you'd go to the hospital for an allergic reaction."

Others in the food allergy community seem instantly ready for her to become a spokesperson, never mind that she's probably still adjusting to the news herself and isn't up to speed on all the facts about food allergies.

It is hard enough to deal with the overwhelming feelings that come with discovering your child has a food allergy. I can't imagine adding to that the stress of being in the public eye and having your every move judged. She may have chosen a life of celebrity and everything that comes with that, but she sure didn't choose for her son to have a food allergy. Good luck to you, Kourtney. I'm glad your son is okay.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You're so funny :)
I'm sure she appreciated your support!